If you a scrap blog reader you may have noticed the blog hop with a difference happening across the creative blogosphere :)
I was nominated by the super fabulous Renee Iveson and I would strongly suggest you go and check our her blog HERE. Thanks for the nomination Renee!!
Next are the answers to the questions for my part of the blog hop!
1. What am I working on right now :Here's a little bit of something that I have started.
I have had this LO as an idea for awhile but I am still looking for the right bits to finish it off.
2. How long does it take to create a project:Well, for me, the time it takes to make a LO depends on what I want to make. And because a LO does not feel finished until I have put a needle through it, sometimes that can be a very long time.
For example, this LO, which I did about a year ago for my entry into the Diva competition, and was published in Scrapbook Creations, took me about 8 hours of sewing (spread out over 2-3 days). But at other times they can fly together.
3. What are my favourite things I love to create with at the moment:
- Urban Threads stitching Templates
- A bit of chippy (always need a bit of that).
- My needle and thread (well what else would you expect from me!!!)
4. How does my writing/creating process work:Well I am a challenge driven scrapper. It helps me focus into what I am going to scrap and what items I intend to use on my page. Therefore, as an example, here is a LO I just completed. This is for the current challenge 123 Challenge. Now I don’t know that I totally fits the criteria, as this sometimes happens with me. (probably don't quite have enough pink, but hey it is NOT my favourite colour LOL)
The criteria were:
As you can see I did get a little carried away with the teal. - but I have the baby pink, then I have the word love on my scrapmatts arrow, and I have stripes on the washi tape (some is chevron, but some is blue)
And for a couple of close ups:
5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired:As I said before, I am a challenge driven scrapper, so if I am not sure about where to go or what I am going to do next, I go and check out the latest crop of challenge sites. Do a sketch or look at other scrappers who I admire and check out what they have been up to, and see if I am going to try one of the challenge that they are on the DT for.
6. What is my signature style:What is my signature style. Well I like to try new things, however I think this goes without saying, I like to sew.
Thanks for looking and I hope you have enjoyed my little share.
Next stops are on Monday 11th August:
Crece Thomas: I used to work for Crece when she was a co-owner of my LSS (alas no longer with us). She is a creative soul and I am also on the Design team with her at Scrapmatts. She is so experimental in her style and I love the fact that she is never afraid to try new things. Check her out HERE.
Leanne Jago: Leanne is someone who is super creative, not just scrapbooking. She is also an amazing photographer and I love to watch her #skyporn and how she gets up close to the rust. She has not been scrapping as much of late, however I ADORE her style of whatever goes and love to see what things I would have never thought of putting on a page, but she makes them work together. HERE.